Tips To Remember While Choosing Boxing Equipment
Boxing is relatively a very cheap sport. Contrary to the popular belief you don’t need expensive boxing equipment to be a good boxer. Your body is the main boxing equipment that you need. Everything else that you buy are just so you can move freely without any hindrance and also help you to not get hurt during your boxing hours. Many believe that the key to KO an opponent is to buy the best of everything. That’s not true at all. Your main engine, your main equipment is your body, your will and your determination. If you practice hard and give it your best,go for one punch man workout you can be a world champion with even the cheapest equipment.
This whole article was written keeping in mind that you have the basic clothing stuff- like a T-shirt, socks, shorts and shoes. Although we will explain shoes later. If budget is an issue, many boxing equipments can be made in the home or bought second hand. So now that all basics of this article are clear, let’s dive into details.
Different Equipment Required In Each Scenario
People who work out at home without any training partner with a heavy bag they need:
- Skipping rope
- Hand wraps
- Bag gloves
- Heavy bag
- A timer
People who train with a partner they need along with the above-mentioned items:
- Sparring Gloves
- Groin protector and in case you are a female, a chest protector
A Few Tips On Choosing The Right Gear
As for everything else in this world, no two–boxing equipment is the same. They vary in size, quality, comfort etc. Although the aim here is not to choose the best gear. Your aim is to choose the best gear for you under your budget. So here are a few tips that will help you choose the best gear:
- Brand: As for every other sport, brands play a key role in any sporting equipment. Some brands are just better than the others and you have to choose the best brand which gives you the bang for your buck. Read reviews, talk to people who have used the boxing equipment of your preferred brand and hear their experiences and decide accordingly.
- Variety: There are a lot of varieties available in the market as of today. Many colors, many different types of materials like leather or elastic. You just have to see, wear and decide which one is the best for you.
- Material: The material you want your boxing equipment to depend on what you want or rather need. You need to check out every different type of equipment like vinyl or elastic or cotton or leather and decide according to what suits you best. Not to mention you also have to check whether every equipment covers the full area for which you are buying.
- Size: Size is very important for any boxing equipment. Remember the golden rule, no boxing equipment should be worn too tight or too loose. You have to wear every size and find the middle ground.
- Weight: Weight of the boxing equipment is very important because your movement speed depends on it. You would want to move very fast and hence a heavy equipment is not ideal.
Boxing equipment is very cheap and easy to find but the real work is to find the perfect boxing equipment for you. Follow the given steps and instructions and buy the equipment which is perfect for you. You should read the instructions given at the back of the boxing equipment to know your size and fittings. You can choose differently from stead the article carefully and follow it and you will never look back.